|Energize your job hunt today!|
By taking active steps to find a job, you will most likely get hired sooner. Here are five great ways to change your job search today:
- Find targets: Where do you want to work and why? Even if your target companies have no advertised openings, contact them to explain how they can help the organization succeed and grow.
- Uncover connections: Technology has made job searching more impersonal than ever. Do you know someone who can connect you with employers of interest? Any personal contact can help your application get considered. Employers don't like to advertise or hire people they don't know.
- Customize: Are you using the same cover letter and resume for every job application? It takes a few minutes to tweak your job search materials to fit a company or an opening. Be sure to use keywords from job ads to help your resume get through automated resume screening systems. Also, be careful not to eliminate yourself when you answer online application questions.
- Offer proof: Employers want to know that applicants can do the job. Be sure to explain your skills and accomplishments in concrete terms.
- Stick with it: Most job seekers, especially the long-term unemployed, face rejection and no response from employers. Persistence is key to becoming employed or reemployed. Find ways to stay positive and motivated. Stay in touch with people who will encourage you.
Image courtesy of Master isolated images / FreeDigitalPhotos.net