Job searching can be a lonely process, even for shy and introverted people who may prefer their own company. Going it alone--without the emotional support of family, friends, and others close to you--can result in a downward spin of discouragement. Don’t fear of asking people for help and encouragement as you job hunt. Most individuals will provide emotional support happily and eagerly.
|Get a listening ear during your|
So during your job search, I suggest you reach out to people you like and trust. Here are five reasons to have a support system during your employment search:
- Helps you deal with rejection. The job search process is full of rejection. Your support system can remind you not to take it personally.
- Gives insight into yourself. Your support system can help you see your strengths and weak spots honestly.
- Provides a listening ear. People who love you are willing to lend a listening ear when you need to talk about your goals, your progress, and your frustrations.
- Offers encouragement. A support system will encourage and inspire you to keep going in your job hunt.
- Helps you soldier on. When you feeling like giving up, those who are close to you will offer a hug, affirm your worth, and bolster your efforts to find a job.